If you’re like us and love the holiday season, there are few things that usher in the holiday spirit like a good mulled cider. Read on for our take on the BEST semi-homemade mulled cider recipe from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond!
- 1 gallon organic apple cider
- 3 organic Granny smith apples
- 1 organic orange
- 1/2 cup fresh organic cranberries
- 1 tbsp organic allspice berries
- 5-7 organic cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup organic brandy (optional)
- Pour apple cider into a pot and set over medium-high heat.
- Dice apples and toss into pot.
- Peel orange and toss rinds into the pot.
- Add cranberries, allspice and cinnamon.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Bring concoction to low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add brandy for buzz (optional) and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm!
This concoction was simple and tasty, and made the whole house smell like the holidays! Try it out and let us know what you think!